Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Who Needs Technology?

Well, to answer that question, apparently I do. I have had my life completely turned upside down the last 2 months. I never realized how dependent I have become on all the little gadgets that make my life easier. To start things off, I lost my camera right before Easter. I have no pictures of Easter this year. You will just have to believe me when I tell you that my kids looked really cute in the matching clothes my mom sent for them. You will also have to take my word for it when I tell you that my daughters were awesome when they each donated 10 1/2 inches of hair to Locks of Love. They look really cute with their new short haircuts. I also have no pictures of Josh's 7th birthday. I am really frustrated by this. The good news is that I found the camera on Sunday!!!! It was at the bottom of a bag that I very rarely use that was hanging in my closet. Now I have to make up for some of the pictures I missed. I didn't realize how often I use my camera.

I have also misplaced my phone several times in the last month. Luckily I never took more than a week to find the darn thing. I think I should have it surgically attached.

I also never realized that I really NEED to have my mp3 player with me when I run. I am way too easily distracted. My old one that I have had for quite a while finally decided to quit working a couple of weeks ago. It was stuck on pause. Then when I tried to plug it into my computer, the computer wouldn't detect it. I tried running without it. It didn't work. I am way too ADD. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who took pity on me and bought me a new iPod for Mother's Day. Another problem solved.

As if that weren't enough to deal with, my computer has broken twice in the last month. I think I have become obsessed. I almost went insane not being able to check my email, facebook, and catching up with everyone's blogs. I have felt really out of touch with everything!! My poor mom thinks that I have fallen off the face of the earth and that she needs to hold an intervention. I think we have everything fixed now and life can get back to normal. I should be done with all the panic attacks for a while!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Hooray! Good for you!

We were without a computer for about a month... it was a very hard adjustment. When we got it back, we spent way too much time catching up. :)

Glad things are fixed.

Ali said...

I lose my phone constantly! It has something to do with the fact that we moms have a MILLION things running through our heads every day, and we can't keep them all straight! When my computer broke last year, I had to go to the library every day to use their computer because I was going so crazy!

Jenni said...

Oh, Heather. You must be a McCullough! Mom called me the other day to talk to me about how "mixed up" I am (sending emails to the wrong people, sending pictures of my kids and labeling them as each other, saying I was at Home Depot when she called to ask me if I was ok when I was really at Lowe's.) And I'm not even a blood McCullough!!! I'm glad your back on track now. I've missed your blog posts! We need to get together soon. I think I need a Heather fix again! ;) Love ya!

Katie Stoddart said...

welcome back! sure have missed you!