Friday, May 29, 2009

Will They Ever Get It?

The other day I just about lost it with Mike. I love the kid, but sometimes I really have to wonder about him. We had company coming over and the kids had left there stuff all over the living room. They had all walked in the front door from school and dumped their backpacks on the floor and then proceeded to empty them and scatter the contents all over the place. They do this quite often and I am always telling them to pick up their stuff. The silly thing is that they have really nice hooks for backpacks, coats and whatever else the feel they need that are not even 10 feet from where they drop their goods. Anyway, I was a little on the frustrated side because I had spent a good portion of the day cleaning the house. When I saw what they had done and knew that I had about 10 minutes before people were going to be at our house I proceeded to tell my children that I love so much that they needed to clean things up because people would be there soon. Mike, being the incredibly obedient child that he is then told me, "Mom, why do we always have to pretend that we live in a nice house? Everytime people come over you always make us clean up our stuff. Isn't that kind of like lying?"
HONESTLY!!!!!!!
It is a good thing I love that child!

4 comments:

Ali said...

My kids have told me the same thing!! They say, "why do we have to pretend that our house is always cleaned up when someone comes over?" Hahaha!

Jenni said...

Jimmy Z.'s sister made a comment on Facebook that her kid wrote her an opology note..."Mom, I'm so sorry I hate you!" These things make me feel a little better, like I'm a normal mom almost! :) It's hard when you hate to love 'em but love to hate 'em. Someday he'll understand what a good mom he has and how blessed he is to have his family...even though his dad tells rediculously believable stories!!!!

Suzy said...

That is SO funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Katie Stoddart said...

Whenever I tell the kids to clean their room they always ask, "who's coming over?" I always tell them it doesn't matter if anyone is coming over or not I still want thier rooms clean. It is even harder now that we are trying to sell.