Friday, August 1, 2008

Summer Vacation- National Lampoon Style

So I just came home from a wild adventure to my parent's house in Michigan and was really excited to upload a bunch of pictures to share with all our friend's and family, but I can't. Being the genius that I am, I left my purse in a bathroom stall at Cabela's in Sidney, Nebraska. I almost made it to Laramie, Wyoming before I discivered what I had done. Luckily, I hope, I think someone honest found it and turned it into the customer service desk, and after a crazy turn of events, they are sending it to me UPS. Hopefully, if my camera is still in there, I have some really cool pictures of our awesome cross country adventure to share with all of you! We started this grand adventure at 6:00 am on July 14th. I took off with all four kids to meet my mom and sister Katie in Nauvoo. Walking around Nauvoo, or anywhere for that matter with 7 children under the age of 11 is quite the adventure! After that we drove to Kalamazoo, Michigan to visit with Grandma & Grandpa. The kids loved their pool! I had some really cool pictures of the kids swimming, but you can't see them. They should be in my purse, in a box, somewhere between here and Sidney. It was in Sidney that Josh made an amazing discovery. He discovered the joys that maps and brochures can bring to your life! He told me at one stop that he hit the Mother Load when he came out of a rest stop with both arms completely full of paper. He has already planned our next several trips with activities and places of interest that he discovered while reading his literature. He has also appointed himself our official navigator, and when he is navigating, he cannot have anything else going on. I am really tired, and think I will go to sleep now and finish writing about our vacation when I am a little more rested and can write things that will make more sense!

1 comment:

Katie Stoddart said...

What were we thinking?! Maybe the next adventure that we do together we should do it with out children!!!