Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love summer. I love having the kids home. By the last week of summer, I am more than ready for them to go back to school. This last week has been torture. It's almost as if they have cabin fever, only they aren't in a cabin and they aren't sick. All of a sudden they have nothing to do, they want to fight, their toys aren't fun anymore, their friends can't play when they want to... You get the picture. It's around this time that I realize that it is time to go back to school. They need a change of scenery, a rigid schedual, time away from their mother. And I need a break! Needless to say, I was rather releived when the school bus came this morning. Apparently I wasn't the only one. There were several other mothers at the bus stop this morning who were ready to party as the bus pulled away. I honestly don't know where some mothers get the motivation to home school. I don't think I could do it. I like my freedom too much. Maybe I'm just selfish. Probably. Oh well. I will be a much better, well relaxed mother when the kids get home in another 45 minutes! When I was younger, I would hated the idea of summer ending and school starting. I never would have immagined throwing a party because school was starting!









1 comment:

Jaime said...

your kids are darling! our school starts on monday, my girls are way excited!