Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Finally Did It!

For years I have been saying that I would get a dog when all my kids were potty trained. I did not want to do diapers and puppy poop at the same time. When Maggie was potty trained last fall the kids wanted a puppy. I told them that they could get one if they could keep their rooms clean for 3 weeks without me having to remind them. That didn't happen. About a week before I broke down and got the dog Maggie came unglued. She came to me crying that we have 3 boys in our family and none of them would be her prince. She then proceeded to tell me that if we had a dog he would be her prince. Anyway, I had been looking online for the past couple of weeks and the last week of school I found one. Maggie and I went to look at the puppies and Maggie fell in love. She picked out the runt of the litter. A cream colored female toy poodle that was about half the size of her brothers and sister. She wanted to name her Flower, but when I asked her if she was sure, she came up with Millie and it stuck. We have had her for 2 weeks and she has been a lot of fun! She sleeps through the night in her kennel and doesn't make a sound until she hears that someone is up in the morning. When she gets tired or has had enough of the kids she puts herself to bed. So far so good!


4 comments:

Jenni said...

She is cuuuuutttttttteeeeeeee! How fun for you guys!

Katie Stoddart said...

The kids keep asking when we are coming down to your house to see Millie again.

Diane said...

That puppy is the cutest thing ever!

Abby said...

My heart is melting. I LOVE that little dog. Those Abbot kids are pretty lucky.