Friday, June 3, 2011

Life

Yesterday morning I was shocked to learn that 2 people that I know, but have not had contact with in many years passed away in a tragic plane crash. I grew up in the same ward as Chad Wade. He was one of my dad's scouts. I could tell you lots of stories about him. The other was Justin Yates. I worked with him 12 years ago when he was a student at BYU. Both of them were good people that had young children. Justin also left behind a wife. This morning I learned that a memorial fund has been set up for Justin's family with the most immediate need being covering the cost of funeral expenses. Both of these men are considered very successful in the business world. I don't want to judge, or to sound like a commercial, especially since my husband sells life insurance, but on occasions like this when we are reminded of how fragile life is I am so thankful to have the knowledge that if something were to happen to my husband or myself we would be okay. I can't even imagine having to deal with pain and heart ache of losing a spouse. To couple that with the financial burden of having to come up with a way to pay not only for burying your loved one, but how you would live with the resulting loss of income would be unbearable. Life is so fragile. You never know when you will be called home. I am very thankful for the small piece of mind I have from knowing that If something were to happen, my family will be okay.

2 comments:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Justin was a wonderful guy- I worked with him as well. I feel horrible for Sally and the boys..

Ali said...

I was sad to hear about Chad's death as well. Life insurance sure does bring some security.